An Intro About The Various Holidays In Australia And Its Celebrations
If you are among the many people who are willing to make a trip to Australia in the near future, then there are certain things about the various holidays that you should take note of. Only if you are aware of this, you can plan and participate in the celebrations and make your trip an even more enjoyable one. Let us start with the calendar year and see what are all the major holidays and celebrations that are associated with it.
· New Year’s Day is celebrated on the first day of January just like in any other part of the world.
· Australia Day is usually celebrated on the 26th of January which is celebrated as it was the first day when the English settled there in the late eighteenth century.
· Labour Day is celebrated in different parts of the country and is based on the state. The common thing is that it will all fall on a Monday.
· Easter will be celebrated on the same day that is being celebrated all over the world on a Sunday either in March or in May.
· Anzac Day that is celebrated to remember all the native people who have fought for the country in various wars and falls on the 25th of April.
· As we all know, Christmas is celebrated on the 25th of December.
· The day after Christmas is celebrates as Boxing Day.
Some of the other holidays that are being celebrated annually are the Proclamation Day, Canberra Day, Adelaide Cup Day, Foundation Day, Picnic Day etc. If you are planning to visit Australia this year, then make sure that you are doing it at a time that intersects with any of these celebrations to make sure that you witness and enjoy being part of the celebrations as well.